Saturday, July 4, 2009

Nike Air Force 1 (GS) "Scorpion"


Nike Air Force 1 (GS) "Scorpion"
(Del Sol/Black-White)
Size: 7Y
------

It's been a minute since I posted, but I've been busy throughout the new year and have been on and off shoe projects and finally finished to what has become my most elaborate work yet. It's still not as extensive as some, but considering my busy schedule, I am quite happy with it.


I tried to incorporate "Mortal Kombat" and "Scorpion" into the sneaker using an "inspired" colorway. But it ended up being just another yellow and black AF1 that looked like a GR on regular Foot Locker shelves. So I tried something different.

This is the first (of many I hope) using an air brush, I'm still practicing (it's alot harder than I expected), but it ended up looking pretty decent. On the right shoe, sports the Mortal Kombat dragon logo with a lightning back drop a la Mortal Kombat II and the MK vs DC version of Scorpion on the left shoe with the same lightning backdrop. It was still bland to me and I thought it would look dope to turn all the black accents to a stormy night sky, so I did the instep and toebox as well, on both sneakers.

I used a hand mixed "Del Sol"as a primary color and ended the peice off with black Nike SB laces (with an extra pair of OG AF1 white laces), "gator skin" heel tab and a "blood splatter" insole to pay homage to infamous MK violence that made the franchise popular.



Additional Pictures



No comments: